Monday, April 22, 2013
2 cans crescent roll dough
16 large marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350* and read John 19 while it's heating
2. Roll out the dough and explain how it is like the cloth they wrapped Jesus Body in.
3. Explain how a marshmallow is like Jesus, pure and white without sin, and it represents the body.
4. Roll the marshmallow in the melted butter and then cinnamon sugar, representing the oils and spices they placed on Jesus body before burying him.
5. Roll the marshmallow in the dough, pinching the edges shut. Explain how this is like wrapping Jesus body in the cloth.
6. Put the rolls in the over, or the tomb for 12 minutes
7. While they bake, read John 20: 1-18
8. When baked, open up the rolls to discover the marshmallow is gone, just like Jesus body was gone from the tomb because he was resurrected.