Search This Blog

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Apple Dumplings

This recipe may be hard to understand, I saw it on a cooking show and duplicated to the best of my viewing capabilities, I know what I'm doing, so the recipe may not make sense to anyone else especially since I haven't written down amounts of things, I'll make sure to update this when I make it again and write down amounts, sorry.

4 apples peeled and cored
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1 Tbls. cinnamon
1 Tbls. lemon juice


SAUCE
1 c. white sugar
3/4 c. margarine
1 1/2 c. water
2 Tbls. cinnamon

DOUGH
1 1/4 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 c. shortening
3-4 Tbls. cold water

Preheat oven to 350*.  Prepare apples by de-coring and peeling them. Make dough, and than wrap the apples in the dough, leaving opening at top. Fill apples with sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice mixture. Fold dough over top at this point and place apples into a small casserole dish. Boil sauce ingredients on stove for about 5 minutes, dump over apples. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon and sugar, bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350*

No comments:

Post a Comment