Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Deluxe Food Storage Apple Pie

1 3/4 c. dried apples
1 1/3 c. sugar
2 Tbls. lemon juice
1/2 c. cold water
6 c. warm water
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
2 1/2 Tbls. cornstarch
2- Pillsbury crusts

Add apples and warm water to saucepan and boil. Simmer for 45 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Blend sugar and cinnamon, add to lemon juice and add to apples. Bring back to a near boil. Mix cornstarch into cold water and add to apples til thickened. Add filling to a 9" crust, top with top crust. Bake at 400* for 45 minutes or until golden.

O.K. so I had this in my recipe book, but don't remember making it. So I'm putting it in here so someday I can make it and remember if we like it or if it even turns out. I'm not responsible for your disasterous pie if this is gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment